Blue Ash, OH
6 month Contract w/extension
Provide servant-leadership and mentorship to a cross-functional agile team. Apply Lean/Agile principles and frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban Method and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
The ideal candidate needs to possess:
- Experience with organizing and coaching team on agile principles and adapting agile for service-based teams
- Must demonstrate solid understanding of Agile principles, values, and ceremonies.
- Prior experience affecting change in organizations towards agile adoption and sustainability
- Servant / leader mindset (while emphasizing accountability) is critical.
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and leadership capabilities.
- 3-5 years experience as Scrum Master or Agile team member.
- Must be comfortable working on a teams that include other employees as well as 3rd party vendors.
- Experience managing / coordinating / escalating external dependencies for a team.
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- A solid understanding and appreciation for Agile tools, processes, and methodology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time sensitive work environment
- 2 years’ experience serving as an active scrum master
- 2 years’ experience in a software development organization
- Agile Certification (Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Lean methodology, principles and tools
- Agile Certification desired
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Maintain a high-level technical awareness of the supported software products
- Continually reinforce the Agile principles and values for the delivery team members, stakeholders, and associates.
- Help the team identify, raise, and resolve impediments.
- Facilitate and assist Agile Scrum or Kanban teams in ceremonies including standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and PI planning sessions.
- Provide situational coaching and support team members to optimize their use of Agile.
- Participate in Agile organizational design discussions, making suggestions on Agile operating models based on knowledge, experience, observation, and team input.
- Must be comfortable working with all types of teams as this role may rotate to different teams throughout the organization (Digital, Operations, Data + Analytics, Marketing).
- Facilitate the creation and adoption of working agreements and definitions of done, including the use of appropriate tools, standards and best practices.
- Ensure the Technology team tracks and communicates team progress and metrics to the appropriate audiences.
- Facilitate and enable an environment of collaboration and creativity, and empower the team to self-organize around achieving their commitments.
- Support/empower the Technology team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Challenge and enable the Technology team to continuously improve through intentional Lean and data driven inspect and adapt cycles (retrospectives).
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.