Lead Android Developer
Blue Ash, Ohio – Remote
5+ years developing Android Apps (using Android and 3rd party libraries/frameworks)
• 5+ years Java experience
• Prior Android Developer Lead experience a plus
• Prior experience with project planning with large size or highly complex projects
• A solid understanding of mobile application development processes, from the layout/user interface to backend systems and API integrations
• A solid understanding and appreciation for Agile tools, processes, and methodology
• Ability to interact well in a team environment
• Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets
• Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and architecturally significant applications.
• Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
• Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
• Work with Product team to plan new features, gather requirements and propose solutions.
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and implement new interface development techniques.
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
• Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, adaptability, and creative thinking.
• Establish development best practices and growth of mobile applications standards.
• Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box thinking.
Fully remote candidates will be considered for this role. Must work in US time zone.
New update from Hiring Manager; 8/4: Our need is for a Developer with experience in both Android and React.
From the Hiring Manager: Kotlin, Java, Android design patterns, Android development best practices, knowledge of common Android frameworks such as retrofit, room, livedata, databinding, okhttp, unit testing, knowledge of automated testing.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.