Title: AV/IT Support Engineer
Location: Santa Monica
Contract: 3 Month Contract to Hire
Summary of Role:
The individual is responsible for supporting audio, visual, multi-media technology, video conferencing and client hardware and software environments including Crestron, Apple, Cisco, Sony, Windows, and other streaming and video conferencing technology. The position is responsible for creating, supporting and operating live production events, both in-house and externally. The position is also responsible for maintaining expertise on new, innovative, and emerging industry technologies, solutions, and best practices for improving the design and delivery of A/V and Client Technology services and equipment.
In addition, the individual in this position is responsible for providing accurate and efficient support for Windows, Apple and Android environments and VoIP phones, including but not limited to, maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and integration of 3rd party and in-house applications. Identify, research, and resolve computer-related, mobile device, printer/MFP, and telephony problems for all offices and remote employees. Respond to telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support. Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
· Understand and troubleshoot issues for various conference room technologies, monitors, video conferencing end-points, unified communications clients, televisions, and audio conferencing processes.
· Possess ability to operate video switchers, audio boards, cameras, microphones and understand how all components work together. Manage media files to be used in meetings, presentations, and events. Collaborate with participants involved with events including executives, facilities, and external partners.
· Diagnose Apple, Android, Telephony, A/V, and video conference hardware and software problems by asking accurate, concise, questions in a professional and timely manner.
· Understand business concerns and technology needs and identify unique opportunities and develop independent solutions for client and company needs.
· Stay up-to-date on A/V and IT technology and how it can positively affect the Client Environment. Participate in training sessions, webinars, and research new technology and trends.
· Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, and also need the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
· Respond to incoming requests (e.g., e-mails, dashboard alerts, telephone calls, voicemail, or in-person) and accurately identify, diagnose, prioritize, log, and dispatch or resolve the service requests within established SLA standards. Enter and report technical problems, causes, and solutions within the call logging software.
· Create and maintain documentation for all standard Technical Support policies, procedures, and practices.
· Understand and troubleshoot issues for various network technologies including cabling topologies, gateways, bridges, routers, switches, and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols.
· Support all key identified projects including but not limited to rollouts and upgrades. Manage deliverables associated with a project by prioritizing, tracking, and completing assigned tasks.
· Participate in the On-Call rotation. Duties include being available 24×7 to respond to emails and phone calls during the on-call period.
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Audio Visual, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CTS Certification preferred.
· Minimum three years of technical experience in an audio/visual environment.
· Minimum three years in live production practices either in a studio or mobile environment.
· Hardware and software problem solving, problem-solving, and use of Windows, Mac, and Android operating system and Microsoft Office applications. Understanding of IT networking principles.
· Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with other functions (e.g. executives, facilities, public relations, creative services, and external partners).
· Experience with Broadcast or Media is preferred.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.