Job Title: Advice Production Support Developer
Job Location: Remote (w/potential return to the Charlotte, NC office in 2021)
Do you see your next career move taking you to a Fortune 100 financial services company? Do you aspire to work in a dynamic, high energy, agile environment? If these words describe your ideal career opportunity, we may have the position for you!
Brooksource is looking for a Developer to join a Production Support team supporting our client’s Advice and Guidance application portfolio. The developer is expected to scale up quickly and join an existing production support team in supporting critical applications. The Production Support Developer serves as a conduit between IT technical staff and business Product Management staff, working on a day to day basis within a production support unit. The developer also serves as the primary technical expert for applications, processes or platforms for which they are assigned. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with good communication skills so as to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to be able to respond to and manage unplanned priorities.
Daily you will:
- Analyzing, designing, coding, building, debugging and migrating Java/J2EE applications.
- Creating and maintaining supporting documentation.
- Written and verbal communication of assignment status.
- Troubling shooting application and environment issues.
- Performing and aiding quality assurance testing.
- Performing and aiding in performance testing.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Follow all internal compliance guidelines and practices including the updating of internal incident tracking software.
Top Skills Needed:
- College degree in Engineering or Computer Science. Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong programming skills and practical knowledge of basic/intermediate design patterns
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Design, Abstraction, and middleware application layering.
- Extensive experience with Java application development lifecycle and J2EE platform
- Strong XML, JSON and data transformation/integration skills
- Designing, Implementing and Securing business applications, web/micro services and APIs using: Spring, SpringBoot, REST, SOAP, Messaging, ORM
- Experience with multiple data store platforms (SQL and No-SQL)
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience and knowledge in containerization, orchestration and API integration technologies.
- Experience with WebLogic/Tomcat.
- Experience with OpenShift/Docker
- Experience with Oracle11g or better, MongoDB.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux Shell Scripts
- Experience programming with PL/SQL
- Technical knowledge of Cloud (Public/Private, Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Experience with Event Drive Architecture and Technologies (Kafka, MQ)
- Financial Services Experience, particularly investments, brokerage and retirement planning.
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
· Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timelines and move candidates through the interview process efficiently
· Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency
· Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.