Brooksource is hiring an Agile Product Manager that will assist the IT infrastructure organization and provide support to internal and external customers. You will be collaborating with business and technology product owners/stakeholders to initiate new initiatives, support the development of program specifications.
Uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex technical functional requirements for a complex product – these are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve business asks.
· Work Initiation – validates and coordinates requests from the customer as related to their requirements, hardware and software needs.
· Collaborate with agile team to build and manage the backlog of features and capabilities that deliver desired business impact.
· Writes actionable user stories and prioritizes them into a ranked work queue based on value, customer need and production impact.
· Proactively resolve dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams for business initiatives.
· Manages communications with stakeholders – addresses team intake and delivery process questions, requested work elaboration, status of work in process, and delivery expectations.
· Change Agent – partners with Center of Practice (CoP) to identify opportunities for improvement and optimize team performance using a metrics based approach, ensures consistency with enterprise data standards (JIRA/Rally/etc)
· Drives process improvements through an understanding of the Product team delivery method and Agile methodology.
· Key partner in advancing Agile maturity of the Product team.
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation
· Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details
· High degree of comfort in a fast-paced / ambiguous environment
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-directed, requires minimal supervision
· Creative thinker with ability to drive the team to a vision
· Technical background with knowledge of software development and databases.
· Experience in the following tools is a plus – Agile (JIRA/Rally), collaboration tools (Confluence, SharePoint, HipChat, etc), and Visio.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.