Alation Administrator – Metadata Management
Our Fortune 12 Health Services organization is focused on supporting all customer healthcare and pharmacy-related information. Attention to the execution of a strategic vision for enterprise data design, and the delivery of carefully detailed architecture and analytics, strengthens our journey to become one of the most customer centric companies in the world.
The Health Services Data Design and Metadata Management team is hiring a Software Engineering Sr. Advisor to manage and maintain Alation software. The work involves understanding and driving software usage and development best practices, including metadata integration and delivery across strategic data assets. Data Design is wide-ranging and must include the appropriate metadata to support and improve our data intelligence. Metadata centers around standard health care data (eligibility, claim, clinical, and provider data) across structured and unstructured data platforms.
- Serve as the lead technician responsible for administration, design, engineering and development of information technology solutions for Alation and Erwin products.
- Serve as the primary contact for vendors and internal users
- Support the design, analysis, development, and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions, such as metadata extraction via API’s, Python, and SQL
- Lead the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise
- Monitor ServiceNow work queue, managing Alation and ERWin product suites
- Troubleshoot and perform work to resolve infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc
- Perform development and production software upgrades, documenting installations, changes, and configurations
- Administer software security, including user permissions, sessions, and roles
- Create shared and administration reports
- Participate in the delivery of the definitive enterprise information environment that enables strategic decision-making capabilities across enterprise via analytics and reporting.
- Exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Use deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders.
Ideal Candidates Will Offer:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent job experience and experience in all phases of software management or its equivalent in education and work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in Dev Ops, system administration, software product administration, preferably Alation and/or AWS
- 4+ years’ experience in database and cloud usage, Linux / Unix, Python, SQL coding (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL), and API development
- Understanding of data movement, integration, and transformation (ELT)
- Experience with Big data, data lake, structured, unstructured, domestic and global data
- Experience utilizing metadata management tools for business, technical and operational metadata (erwin Data Modeler, erwin Web Portal, Erwin Model Mart, erwin Data Intelligence Suite, Alation)
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Git, etc.)
- Must be able to meet deliverable timelines while delivering quality work
- Must develop quality documentation and have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment, while being an independent self-starter
- Must be able to operate effectively in high demand project environment
- Must be willing to work off hours as needed, including weekends and evenings
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.