Planning Analytics Ops Analyst/Engineer
Contract: 6+ Months (potential for extension)
Location: Deerfield, IL (Required to be on-site 4 days/week – Pending COVID-19 Stay-At-Home order being lifted)
The principal purpose of this role is to provide application expertise and support for the Group’s Cognos applications in the US time zone, investigating and resolving application and system issues, keeping the system running, processing user change requests, releasing changes into production, providing user training and performing minor systems development.
· Act as the local point of contact of all Cognos applications incidents, issues and queries
· Basic design, build or maintenance of web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
· Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
· Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
· Comply with the existing governance processes around change requests and access management. Enhance and update such processes as required. Train internal PA/TM1 super-users in best practice and techniques
· Perform business process analysis, requirements analysis and review the technical design
· Work on large scale projects as required and ensure business as usual processes are fully documented
· Investigating issues and incidents, problem resolution and performing root cause analysis (RCA).
· Making recommendations for improvements and enhancements based on this RCA Liaise with local IT teams to ensure the correct level of engagement
· Support operation and improvement of standards across PA/TM1 and Controller environments Provide end user training on new and existing applications Learn new applications including, but not limited to, Cognos Controller and BI and provide support to the local and global user base
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work both alone with minimal supervision and as part of a global team
· Self-starter with problem solving skills, highly proactive, ability to prioritize and multi-task and takes the initiative
· Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
· Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
· Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Adobe, Java, SQL, etc.
· Knowledge of the monthly, quarterly, year-end accounting close cycles, general accounting principles (GAAP), US GAAP, financial accounting and reporting.
· Experience in change management and financial process improvement
· The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of Planning Analytics (PA)/TM1 across multiple installations in a hands on support role with analytical skills necessary to understand how the systems operate, diagnose issues and incidents and be able to provide customer focused day to day user support to a global user base.
· The candidate will either be able to demonstrate experience in other Cognos applications (Controller, BI) or demonstrate the ability and desire to learn such applications Operational support of PA/TM1 for large, complex cubes and dimensions in alignment with industry best practices
· Bachelor's degree in or equivalent training required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or Information Systems.
· 2+ years of experience working with TM1, Planning Analytics or other Cognos software suites such as Controller
· Experience in providing training and developing process documentation/user manuals. Experience in being part of medium to large scale financial systems transformation projects Experience in incident / issue management
· Experience working in a fast-paced financial environment for an International organization
· At least 2 years’ experience working in General Accounting, Corporate Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis.
· Experience with project management Experience with operating other financial, planning & analytical systems
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For 20 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.