Android Mobile Developer
Contract to Hire
As a member of an agile squad, responsible for implementing new features and enabling capabilities using modern software engineering tools and practices. Adheres to practices and standards, set by communities of practice, and contributes to a culture of continuous improvement. Shares responsibility and accountability for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Doing the right thing for customers and colleagues ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement new features while maintaining and improving overall quality of software.
- Contribute to a culture of learning by documenting and sharing technical knowledge as a developer on an agile squad
- Participate in developer communities of practice by following best practices, participating in code reviews, and sharing knowledge
- Remain current on relevant technology trends
- Participate in researching and resolving customer issues
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable with 5 years or more of software development experience. Knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Experience with one or more of the following programing languages:
- Experience with iOS performance optimization best practices
- 4+ years of native mobile engineering experience working with iOS and/or related native mobile frameworks
- 2+ years of experience with of a variety of iOS frameworks and common build tools
- Experience with any of the following, a plus:
- Swift Package Manager
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Experience with version control solutions, preferably Git/GitHub
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with security best practices for software development
- Strong problem-solving skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.