Web API Developer
St. Louis, MO
18+ month Contract (potential to hire)
Brooksource is hiring a Web API Developer to join our Fortune 50 Telecom client in the St. Louis area. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for the design and development of web applications and services. The selected candidate will be a member of the team that is responsible all aspects of the software development lifecycle and will be expected to be on top of industry tools and trends in web development and/or web API development. You will get exposure to supporting a variety of applications and programs with the tech stack of ReactJS, ES6, Webpack, Babel, Immutable, Java 8, Spring Boot, Netflix OSS, Mongo.
· API development for an existing web-based application.
· Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
· Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
· Design and update software database
· Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
· Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
· Work as a part of a development team
· Participate in peer and code review activities
· Mentor less experienced developers
· Develop, test and implement enterprise automation frameworks for unit testing, service layer and UI layer for web applications
- 4+ years of REST API development
- Strong knowledge of web services (RESTful/SOAP)
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and application development
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP protocols, SAML, oauth, SSO
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant equivalent degree with 3-5 years of practical work experience.
· Experience with Java 8
· Solid understanding of OOP & prototypal inheritance
· Experience with ReactJS and Spring Boot
· Good understanding of git version control system
· Solid understanding of RESTful API design
· Experience using Web UI Debugging tools (firebug, chrome dev tools, windows script debugger, etc.)
· Strong working knowledge and experience with Spring & Spring MVC
· Experience with Unit Testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
· Experience with Maven
· Strong communication skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.