Application Security Project Lead
Large Insurance Client
Contract to hire
Our Fortune 500 Insurance Client is looking for an Associate-level Information Technology Project Manager to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree within Computer Science, or a related IT field, and will have over a year of experience within IT Development or Security. If you have a strong desire to lead people, have a solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle, and a high capacity for managing projects within Application Security, apply now!
- Coordinate with key business and technology stake holders to determine project timelines and resources.
- Work together with other Project Manager’s within the organization to streamline IT processes and project execution.
- Communicate with vendors to determine best programs for the project’s direction while also negotiating terms and pricing.
- Create and execute project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements
- Help identify resources needed and work with leaders to assign individual tasks
- Prepare and review project related documents prepared by the team before passing along to stakeholders
- Effectively apply project management methodologies and best practices
- Perform risk analysis and recommend actions to mitigate risk
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Ensure that projects meet stakeholder objectives
Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibit strong levels of organization, communication, and leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms and possess good problem resolution skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to facilitate team meetings and handle project conflicts within and outside of the team
- Ability to understand complex concepts related to the project
- Ability to inspire other team members to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Technical developer skills or experience working on IT projects
· Bachelor’s degree within Computer Science or related field (Cumulative GPA at or above 3.3)
· 1-3 years of experience within software development, cybersecurity, or project management
· Exposure to an agile environment
· Classroom or professional experience as a project lead
· Ability to handle conflict resolution and professional hurdles
· Software development experience within a professional role
· Experience within an enterprise organization
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.