Application Support Engineer II
Remote Contract to Hire Opportunity
Brooksource is seeking a skilled application support engineer to join our healthcare client's growing IAM Organization. The Application Support Engineer is responsible for managing access security applications to ensure the security and resilience of systems and assets, consistent with related policies, standards, and procedures.
The Application Support Engineer will help implements the appropriate technical safeguards to ensure the delivery of critical infrastructure services. To achieve this goal, the Application Support Engineer tests, implements, deploys, maintains, reviews, and administers the infrastructure hardware, software, and documentation required to effectively manage cybersecurity resources utilized to achieve access security architecture goals.
- Process: Administer and operate access security capabilities within scope of responsibility (i.e.; certificate management, remote access, identity and access management, federation, etc.) to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup and restoration. Test and evaluate new identity and access management applications, access controls, and configurations of platforms.
- Collaboration: Coordinate with network and system engineers to assist with the management of operational tools with secondary cybersecurity functions (i.e.; network policy manager, proxies, identity and access management, denial of service protection, etc.). Identify potential conflicts with implementation of cybersecurity tools within the enterprise information system architecture and information security architecture.
- Security: Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical infrastructure and key resources. Provide technical assistance to the configuration of information system implementation of the principle of least functionality. Protect communications and control networks.
- Education: Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experince with application support
- 3+ years of experience with VB or Powershell Scripting
- Experience working within an Agile Enviroment
- Prior application support experience with other Access tools and services– Active Directory, Ping, Federated Services, MFA/SSO, Sailpoint, OneIdentity, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of data backup, types of backups (e.g., full, incremental), and recovery concepts and tools. Intermediate knowledge of information assurance (IA) principles and organizational requirements to protect confidentiality, integrity, availability, authenticity, and non-repudiation of information and data.
- Basic knowledge of networking (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol [TCP/IP]) and how it flows in the Open System Interconnection (OSI) model stack.
- Basic skill in applying host access controls (e.g., access control list). Basic knowledge of cyber defense policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of processes for reporting network security related incidents.
- Basic knowledge of information security architecture principles.
- Intermediate interpersonal communication skill, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Basic technical writing skill. Basic skill with MS Office suite of tools and SharePoint.
- Intermediate attention to detail and organization skills.
- Intermediate analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with business and technical groups.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to take direction and work as a member of a team.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.