Staff Project Controls Specialist
The Staff Project Controls Specialist leads project controls processes and consults with the project management team to ensure client satisfaction. Presents schedule and budget status reports to project management team and client. Responsible for the development, implementation and management of a reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data for multiple large projects.
· Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
· Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
· Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
· Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
· Ensure project set-up in EcoSys or SAP.
· Analyze data; review logs; and query reports from SQL environments.
· Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tracking detailed breakdown of purchase orders or subcontracts.
· Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
· Manage the internal Change Management System.
· Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
· Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
· Develop and present a cash flow report.
· Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
· Create diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
· Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6 or SAP
· Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
· Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
· Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
· Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
· Develop and present earned value tracking document.
· Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6 and SAP.
· Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in SAP and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
· Manage integrated data from one program to another.
· Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
· Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
· Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Experience with queries and Power BI
· Experience with Oracle Primavera P6, SAP cost and schedule, EcoSys.
· May be required to obtain an OSHA 10-hour safety certification.
· Willingness to travel or accept long term field assignments.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.