Brooksource is searching for an Associate Nuclear Application Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12 month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent Computer Science college graduate with a strong application development and support background to get their foot in the door and excel within a small team.
This team provides application support services through application selection, application development and application production support services for a variety of applications used within Nuclear Operations. These applications support every Nuclear plant from submitting tickets for issues, to ordering parts, to scheduling. This analyst will analyze, plan, develop, and implement enhancements and upgrades to assigned applications, as well as participate in building new applications when assigned
Daily You Will:
- Approximately 60-80% of time is traditional development activities for new or replacement applications
- For small to medium sized projects assigned to the durable team: full application lifecycle roles depending on skills and availability
- For large projects assigned to outside team: participation on larger projects based on SME background, skills, and availability
- Perform requirements analysis, architecture, design, coding, and testing as assigned
- Create documentation for requirements, analysis, design, test plans, implementation plans, support documentation as required
- Build application systems and components including end-user interfaces, interfaces between applications, web services, and database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, triggers)
- Approximately 20-40% of your time is support duties for existing application
- Migrate applications to new servers. Modify applications for business requirements, changed system interfaces, code advancements, security improvements, performance improvements and compiler upgrades.
- Perform production troubleshooting, problem resolution, business analysis, client consulting, testing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating the implementations.
- For vendor-purchased software, also interface with the vendor for patches and upgrades, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Full life-cycle activities for interfaces between systems (typically SSIS ETL or web services) including requirements, design, coding, implementation, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Participate in a ~10 person on-call duty rotation (including after hours and weekends)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS, MIS, or any related field)
- Technical Exposure and coursework in one or multiple of the following:
- .Net Core/MVC
- Strong background and core coursework in SQL/relational database proficiency
- Queries, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Knowledge of SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Evidence of excellent customer service skills
- Experience or knowledge with Next Axiom hyperServices
- Experience or knowledge with Groovy Script
- Experience or knowledge with Power BI
- Experience or knowledge with MRS Reporting
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimum oversight
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Team Size: 14 People
- Hours: Monday- Thursday, 7:00AM- 5:30PM, Fridays off, 40-hour weeks
- On Call: on call rotation between team of 10
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC (currently remote with plans to return to the office 1-2 days per week later in the year)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.