Associate Application Developer—API & Streaming
· Associate Cloud Native Developer—API & Streaming Team
· API and Streaming Team Defined: Responsible for creating, maintaining, and enhancing java cloud native microservices as part of a durable product team.
· Charlotte, NC (remote to begin)
· First Year Salary: 62-64K
· We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Are you a talented Developer who wants to work in a rapidly transforming IT organization in one of the country’s largest Utilities? If so, our partner's Digital Transformation organization is looking for creative and self-driven talent to join our agile culture. Qualified developers will have an opportunity to work on an array of challenging problems through microservice development having a direct impact on the day-to-day experiences of both field workers and customers alike. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent college graduate with strong java and python experience make a large impact within our client’s ongoing digital transformation.
Under broad supervision and paired with advanced technical training through Brooksource you will help develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products, develops software and tools in support of design and infrastructure and technology platforms.
Responsibilities Included, But Are Not Limited To:
· Create, maintain and enhance java cloud native microservices as part of a durable product team.
· Research, evaluate and implement new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
· Design new functionality based on product backlog priorities and coordinates development efforts in collaboration with durable product team and cross-functional organizations
· Maintain records to document system and programming development and revisions.
· Leverage CICD automation and best practices to deliver quality solutions to our end users
· Apply iterative development to continuously deliver value through frequent deployments
· Ensure adherence to appropriate design, coding and cybersecurity standards.
· Assist in coding, testing, and debugging new software or make enhancements to existing software for customers.
What’s In It For You..?
· Joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, energetic, and high performing team at the heart of their digital transformation.
· You will have the opportunity to work with product owners and product teams across multiple IT areas, enabling them to deliver innovative products and experiences through a powerful digital-ready IT backbone.
· Join an exclusive upskilling program that includes mentorship and online technical training while working full time.
· Enroll in weekly paychecks and comprehensive health benefits.
· Regular touchpoints with your Brooksource liaison to receive regular performance feedback.
· B.S. or M.S. in Information Systems, Computer Systems Technology, Engineering or other related discipline
· In addition to required degree, 0-1 years minimum of related work experience, internships, or personal projects
· Strong background and core coursework in Java
· Strong background and core coursework in Python
· Strong background and core coursework in APIs, Automation, and Scripting
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Ability to function effectively and proficiently in an environment of ongoing change
· Proactive self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and multitask
· Bonus Skills: AWS, Spring Boot, SQL Server, Kanban, Bitbucket/Jira
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.