Associate Full-Stack Engineer
The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes of being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. He/She should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
Full stack engineers are able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily. They have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary. We aim to be cutting-edge engineers – not institutionalized developers.
· Experience with Git/SVN
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Strong communication skills
· Minimize “meetings” to get requirements and have direct business interactions
· Write referenceable & modular code
· Design and architect the solution independently
· Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
· Have a passion to learn
· Take ownership and accountability
· Understands when to automate and when not to
· Have a desire to simplify
· Be entrepreneurial / business minded
· Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
· Take risks and champion new ideas
Experience in at least one of the following:
· Jenkins (must have considerable experience)
· AWS Deployment (preferably S3 or EC2)
Technologies that aren't required by may be useful:
· AWS Glue Databrew
· Database Management/SQL
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.