Brooksource is searching for an Associate Application Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12 month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent Computer Science college graduate or professional with up to 3 years' experience and a strong development background to get their foot in the door and excel within a small team.
This team provides application support services through application selection, application development and application production support services for a variety of applications used within Nuclear Operations.
These applications support every Nuclear plant for training and processing of Nuclear plant workers. This analyst will analyze, plan, develop, and implement enhancements and upgrades to assigned applications, as well as participate in building new applications when assigned.
Daily You Will:
- Research, analyze, and modify programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading, and installing application to support the organization’s application systems.
- 70% Production Support/ 30% Software Development
- Each team member supports 6-10 Applications
- Consult with business representatives/management and help develop/acquire software to fit clients’ needs.
- Via email, chat, and face to face interactions
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Assist in writing manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Analyze and route issues into the proper ticketing system and update and close tickets in a timely manner.
- 3rd Tier Support- High level complex problems, Database management, Business process analysis optimization.
- Devise/modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.
- Establish new users, manage access levels and reset passwords.
- Conduct application testing and provide database management support.
- Create and maintain documentation as necessary for operational and security audits.
- Available to provide 24 x 7 production support when On Call.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS, MIS, or any related field)
- Strong background and core coursework in .NET framework and .NET Core
- Strong background and core coursework in HTML and CSS
- Strong background and core coursework in SQL/relational database proficiency
- Queries, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Knowledge of SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Evidence of excellent customer service skills
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to multi task effectively, self-starter, and work with minimal supervision
- Must provide accurate, quality analysis of new program applications, as well as conduct testing, locate potential problems, and solve them in an efficient manner
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Team Size: 10 People
- Hours: Monday- Thursday, 7:00AM- 5:30PM, Fridays off, 40-hour weeks
- On Call: on call rotation between team of 10
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.