Associate Network Engineer
Columbus, OH (currently remote)
$55,000- $70,000 (DOE)
We're hiring an Associate Network Engineer to serve as first-line support for our small and mid-sized clients. The Associate Network Engineer will configure simple firewalls, configure single location routers and switches, and will be groomed by the Network Engineering Lead. You will slowly be given more and more autonomy as you ramp up. If you have a passion for networking and can have familiarity with basic routing/switching and configuring ASA firewalls, this is the perfect role for you!
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field, with 1-2 years of relevant experience or similar
- Proficiency with network infrastructure design, configuration, and implementation.
- Proficiency with Cisco, Sonicwall, Sophos,and Meraki infrastructure solutions.
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with network design and troubleshooting; routing, bridging, and gateways; Internet web site applications and servers; LAN support; hardware/software
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Exceptional soft-skills with passion to learn
- Assists users to achieve optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, procurement support, installation, and problem resolution for the local and wide area networks
- Defines and implements solutions to integrate desktop and shared devices into local and wide area networks and/or other host-based networks
- Analyze users’ needs; recommends appropriate network configurations to meet users’ needs and departmental standards
- Implements and maintains bridges, routers, gateways, remote access servers, domain servers, security firewalls, application and device servers and Internet or Intranet devices and connections.
- Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes local and wide area networks for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable cost
- Configures and troubleshoots various technologies and protocols, such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec, LACP, VLANs, DHCP, ISCSI, VoIP, ESXi, etc
- Designs, implements, and maintains 10Gb SAN networks for virtualization with VMware EXSi
- Designs, configures, maintains, and manages network security features for local and wide area networks
- Manages backup infrastructure for customers, including setup, troubleshooting, and daily documentation.
- Patches client servers on a monthly basis and documents all successes and failures for client knowledge.
- other duties as needed to perfrom for our clients
- Excellent opportunity to advance your networking skills and be groomed by Senior Leadership
- Upward mobility for Top Performers
- Direct Hire and job security!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.