Brooksource is searching for an Associate Quality Assurance Test Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent graduate with academic understanding and internship or professional application testing experience to get their foot in the door and excel within a small team.
This individual will join our client’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) portfolio and perform primary duties as a “sprint tester” within an Agile scrum environment. Primary responsibilities for the Quality Assurance Analyst role are to perform testing in our client’s IBM Maximo environment of newly developed solutions to ensure the feature operates as outlined in the test plan. The feature and developer will outline testing necessary. Testing will be executed in accordance with the test plan. Once proficient in this role expectation is that this role will also become knowledgeable and demonstrate the ability to respond to and resolve tickets when not performing testing duties. A high degree of collaboration is expected with existing EAM Support staff and with users.
Candidates will have the opportunity to learn about the Energy industry as well as a number of highly transferable technical skills.
Daily You Will:
· Perform testing as outlined and needed to support new features
· Work with users to resolve issues using the tools
· Provide daily support for Maximo functions as well as testing (specific and lifecycle) to ensure identified defects are resolved and that corrections to systems problems do not introduce new issues
· Provide back up support for other areas as determined
· Identify defects and assist with prioritization and remediation efforts
· Perform design reviews and testing for newly designed enhancements
· Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Prior educational or internship experience in a testing environment
· Procedural and analytical thinker with attention to detail
· Self-motivated and can work independently to meet deadlines
· Strong understand of test execution and writing scripts
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
· Previous Quality Control experience/understanding of platform
· Understanding the test cycle and concept of automated and/or manual testing
· Ability to reason logically analyze, load and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions. The use of excel will be very beneficial.
· Report: Reporting Directly to the IT Manager
· Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
· Location: Remote Contract
· Hours: M-F 8-5PM
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.