Brooksource is searching for an Associate Quality Assurance Test Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC. This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced QA Analyst/ Test Engineer with a process-oriented mindset to get their foot in the door and excel within a large digital project.
Our client has undergone several mergers and acquisitions in the past few years. This test analyst will be part of the Test Execution Team within the Customer Connect initiative, which will consolidate four legacy billing systems into one customer service platform to deliver the universal experience customers expect. Internally, this multi-year program will positively impact our client’s business by driving efficiencies, consistencies and insights. Externally, the Customer Connect platform will transform how our client serves customers, providing them with the easy, personalized experience they expect from service providers.
Candidates will have the opportunity to learn about the Energy industry as well as a number of highly transferable technical skills. This role requires the ability to understand testing, executing test script/scenarios, writing scripts and inputting any defects found.
Daily You Will:
· Test Activities- use and configure tools, test samples and templates in the appropriate way, execute and analyze test results
· Ensuring that test scripts are created, maintained and executed to meet software release deliverable and project testing requirements
· Analysis and problem solving- analyze findings and validate test results, pinpoint issues and communicate issues with developers and product owners
· Daily communication with team- clearly report, both verbally and written, observations, verdicts and next actions.
· Quality and integrity- ensure high quality of client products, deliverables, input documents and test results
· Tests and analyzes each component/phase of the systems development life cycle including project requirements, design and programs. Develops moderately complex test strategies.
· Executes moderately complex tests according to established plans and scripts, documents and communicates results. Collaborates with developers and/or end users to determine appropriate solutions. Retests corrections to ensure problems are solved.
· Develops, implements and maintains test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
· Associates/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Procedural and analytical thinker with attention to detail
· Self-motivated and can work independently to meet deadlines
· Strong understand of test execution and writing scripts
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
· Prior education or internship experience in a testing environment
· Previous Quality Control experience/understanding of platform
· Understanding the test cycle and concept of automation testing
· Ability to reason logically analyze, load and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions. The use of excel will be very beneficial.
· Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
· Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
· Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC (Remote)
· Hours: M-F 8-5PM
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.