Brooksource is searching for an Associate Software Application Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 6 month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent Computer Science college graduate with a strong development background to get their foot in the door and excel within a small team.
This team provides application support services through application selection, development, and production support for a variety of applications used within Nuclear Operations. This suite of applications focuses on supporting Nuclear Engineers, performing high-level and complex calculations to ensure proper safety and efficiency.
This suite of applications focuses on supporting Nuclear Engineers, performing high-level and complex calculations to ensure proper safety and efficiency. This analyst will analyze, plan, develop, implement, enhance, upgrade and support assigned applications, as well as participate in building new applications when assigned.
Daily You Will:
- Research, analyze, and modify programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading, and installing application to support the organization’s application systems.
- 60% Software Development/ 40% Production Support
- Consult with business representatives/management and help develop/acquire software to fit clients’ needs via email, chat, and face-to-face interactions
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives
- Assist in writing manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures
- Analyze and route issues into the proper ticketing system and update and close tickets in a timely manner
- 3rd Tier Support- High level complex problems, Database management, Business process analysis optimization.
- Devise/modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations
- Establish new users, manage access levels and reset passwords
- Conduct application testing and provide database management support
- Create and maintain documentation as necessary for operational and security audits
- Available to provide 24 x 7 production support when On Call (roughly one week per quarter)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS, MIS, or any related field)
- Strong background and core coursework in C#
- Strong background and core coursework in SQL/relational database proficiency
- Queries, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ideally, knowledge of Angular and/or .NET Core framework
- Ideally, exposure to cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Ideally, experience with DevOps tools (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef)
- Ideally, background and core coursework in SSIS and Oracle
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Evidence of excellent customer service skills
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Self-starter, and capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
- Must provide accurate, quality analysis of new program applications, as well as conduct testing, locate potential problems, and solve them in an efficient manner
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Team Size: 5 People, including a mentor
- Hours: Monday- Thursday, 7:00AM- 5:30PM, Fridays off, 40-hour weeks
- On Call: on-call rotation between team of 13
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.