Software Engineer (Data)
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Start Date: March 8th, 2021
**We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position**
As an entry-level Software Engineer for this Fortune 500 automotive company, you’ll have the opportunity to work on high-priority customer-facing products that are working to improve the consumers’ experience.
The growing need for this experience is fueling the growth for this team, who manages all the data leaving the organization and provides support a variety of teams across the enterprise. You’ll have the chance to work in the Big Data space on projects that have are contributing to improved quality in a variety of ways.
If you are a problem solver who is passionate about data and software development, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
· Currently pursuing or having earned a bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
· Hands-on experience working with Java
· Experience with Python
· Skills in SQL (relational databases, queries, etc.)
· Bonus: Hadoop, Scala, Spark API’s, Hive, Unix
· Work with senior-level Data Engineers to understand product requirements.
· Partner with engineers and data leads to create prototypes, support ongoing projects, and fill in gaps in the software.
· Ensure quality, on-time delivery through Agile, test driven development principles.
· Opportunity to work with architects and get your hands on the newest technologies and tools in Big Data.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…?
· Through our Elevate program, you’ll be provided paid technical training through our online learning management system, customized to help you specialize in areas you’re passionate about.
· Opportunity to gain high visibility with upper management and learn from skilled senior engineers.
· Position yourself for future growth and leadership opportunities within the organization.
· Networking opportunities through Brooksource sponsored events like “Elevate Women” and manager-led Lunch & Learns
· Competitive benefits and tuition reimbursement after conversion.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.