Associate Telecom Network Coordinator
Brooksource is searching for an Associate Telecommunications Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a professional with a strong technical background and understanding of networking/telecommunications systems to join and excel within a small team.
This individual will provide enterprise level architecture, design, and support of Telecommunications Services with cellular modem technology and communications needed to support our client’s Mobile Connect project. The position involves integrated applications to enable usage, maintenance, support, and monitoring of the cellular modem devices. This individual will assist the Product Line Manager with solution design, installation, and testing of modems and back end integrated device management system. They will work with the project team, distributor, installers and Fleet services to document and test install procedures, including inspection process for cellular modem and antenna. This person will document procedures for maintaining, supporting, and tracking these cellular gateways. Responsibilities may include evaluation, acquisition, design, installation, integration testing, upgrading components, operational support, and performance monitoring.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
· In lieu of a degree, 10 years related business experience
· Work experience in addition to a degree: 1+ years of relevant professional experience within telecommunications and/or networking
· Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
· Ideally, 1+ years’ experience with the coordination or installation of cellular modems and/or radios
· Working knowledge and experience with computer networking and telecommunication systems
· Ability to work self-directed and be a team player
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight
· 1+ years’ experience with Microsoft (MS) Windows Operating Systems and MS Office
· Experience with position-specific technical Software and Hardware
· Computer skills, including general usage and support
· Ability to research independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines under tight timeframes
· Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
· Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with different levels within the organization
· Ability to work effectively in a work plan driven/team environment
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Develops and applies telecom technologies for the business
· Superior working knowledge of the telecommunications systems, associated safety policies, practices, work procedures and regulatory requirements
· Superior interpersonal skills (listening, conflict management, approachability, negotiations) with ability and willingness to share information and transfer knowledge to others
· Ability to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form to business clients and senior management.
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Location: Charlotte, NC (Hybrid model – in-office 2-3 days/week). Candidate must be local to Charlotte or willing to relocate
- Hours: M-F 8-5PM
- Start Date: ASAP
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.