Brooksource is seeking an Automation Engineer to join the largest bank headquartered in Wisconsin. The Automation Engineer will lead the implementation of complex application solutions, automated jobs and processes, and new technologies as approved by management to ensure functionality is improved. The Automation Engineer also collaborates with and leads IT Technical teams to complete and design technical requirements documents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides input into technical assessments of vendor applications and acts as a liaison between vendor solutions, internal technical teams and business line teams.
- Documents impacts of planned system/vendor solutions and potential risks/limitations and communicates accordingly.
- Prepares for and presents to enterprise governing bodies (ex. Architecture Review Board, Change Management, Quality Assurance Review, etc.).
- Support various applications and technologies to ensure system availability and stability by responding to and resolving Tier II support calls from ITS Service Desk.
- Perform reporting and project management duties in accordance of ABC’s Project Management methodology and ITS Production Control standards, which includes: time reporting, requests for change, and other project management deliverables.
- Create/maintain application inventories, including relevant vendor information. Work with vendor technical support of routine issues. Engage external vendors to improve the applications though support calls and enhancement requests as approved by management.
- Design & maintain an understanding of application specific data structure, tables, keys & diagrams. Perform simple queries of databases as part of application troubleshooting.
- Research new applications understand their viability within the organization and contribute to projects related to those applications. Utilize research findings to suggest improvements for new and existing systems.
- Effectively communicate with technology and business line units. Provide concise/accurate problem and change reporting as well as provide and support testing activities by the TCoE and other groups.
- Apply mentoring, training and leadership techniques to grow other colleague’s understanding and usage of the applications.
· 4-7 years Information Technology experience Required.
· Less than 2 years Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology Required
· 5 + years Information Technology experience with financial systems experience Preferred
· Relational Database knowledge Preferred
· SQL, Server Administration, and/or Application Development experience Preferred
· RPA Platform or OnBase experience Preferred
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.