Our Insurance client is seeking an Automation Manager to join their team to assist with managing a team of business system analysts and technical analysts that are accountable for eliciting requirements, performing low code tasks, coordinating testing, and organizing release management for enhancing and developing IT solutions. This person will manage the day-to-day performance of subordinate staff to ensure all project and/or department milestones and/or goals are met and achieve overall company objectives. This person’s goal is to maximize the individual team members’ contribution, to drive the overall team forward in accomplishing IT goals. This will be done by facilitating goal setting quarterly, through frequent one on ones and team meetings, as well as any other medium the manager feels is necessary.
In addition to managing a team, this person will need extensive experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting, and managing business, functional and technical requirements within an agile methodology. This person will be critical for building out a highly effective team and owning/adapting process for requirement gathering, release management, low code tasks, and testing. This person must have the ability to change and adapt in a fast-paced environment, as well as create and augment process to maximize team effectiveness.
The right candidate will have strong analytical, problem-solving, leadership, and organizational skills, while maintaining a sense of urgency to meet individual and team strict deadlines and goals.
• Demonstrated senior professional level abilities in driving culture change, process management, effective tool usage, evangelizing product technologies and related application capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, and mitigate conflict
• Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience in BSA work or support roles for IT solutions in customer facing environments in diagnosing complex support and service issues
• Experienced in complex business process, applications, infrastructure, and their use in IT solutions
• Typically, post-secondary degree, preferably in Management Information Services, Computer Science, Math, or Business-related field will substitute for 4 years of work and/or technical experience
• Minimum of 2+ years of management experience
• Sound understanding of software development life cycle and successful management of multiple full lifecycle projects is required, Agile experience is highly preferred.
• Demonstrate broad knowledge of multiple business areas, and industry to identify and communicate how IT solutions can support the achievement of short-and long-term business goals
• Ability to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances, and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• Ability to work independently, with little management direction, and within a team environment
• Skilled at asking questions and professionally challenging to uncover important facts and information
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.