Automation Engineer (SDET)
Our enterprise retail client is seeking an Automation Engineer to join their growing Agile team! As an Automation Engineer, you will collaborate with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization to design new software and applications that focus on web & mobile app development and IoT solutions. This Automation Engineer will test features for existing products and assist in the build of new web, mobile iOS or Android apps from scratch.
- Previous experience as a test automation engineer in an enterprise environment
- Designing and developing test automation scripts
- Collaborating with QA automation testers and Software Developers to develop solutions
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented.
- Hands-on quality assurance work with web-based applications
- Experience testing web/eCommerce applications constructed using modern web frameworks such as React, node, typescript and related technologies
- Mobile Application testing experience
- Familiarity with emerging web platform best-practices, including progressive web applications, service workers, network optimization, and performance optimization
- Experience with test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium
- Experience with Jest and Jmeter (Nice to have)
- Basic Java programming and debugging skills (Nice to have)
- API testing experience (Nice to have)
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with development teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Establishes best practices in automated testing to encourage well-documented and reproducible testing results
- Work with Application and Mobile Developers to resolve application entrance criteria, defects, and anomalies
- Interact with project managers and developers to drive projects to on-time, quality releases
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.