Application Developer III
Position includes serverless and analytics development on AWS Cloud platform utilizing Python, Redshift and Kinesis Firehose data streaming technologies. Work will likely also include internal Cloud development utilizing Java Spring and Kafka data streaming technologies. Workers at this level manage work in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision. They are fully competent in use of concepts and procedures. They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve. Designs, writes, develops and implements innovative integration solutions that expose data via API’s to Customer facing channels and/or streams data to Analytical models. Typical Functions: Maintains and enhances existing applications. Troubleshoots and debugs integration applications. Collaborates with cross-functional teams and clients to define, design and deliver enhancements, new applications, and technical solutions that meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users. Configures a design that satisfies business requirements and desired specifications. Researches, evaluates and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability. Programs and directs other programmers in required programming languages and database SQL. Assists with testing and migrating code through test regions. Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards. Leads design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related business experience. Work experience in addition to degree: 5-10 years as an IT Application Developer or equivalent.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities in the following (Four years):
– Data Engineering experience using Python, AWS Glue, and/or Redshift
– Backend development experience using JAVA Spring, Python and/or AWS Serverless Lambda Functions
– Knowledgeable in data structures and SQL and no-SQL databases such as Dynamo DB or Redshift
– Experience with Kafka or AWS Kinesis Data Streaming
– Understanding of Cloud Native and object-oriented Programming
– Experience with Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation scripting
– CI/CD Pipeline Deployment
– Passionate about learning new programing languages
– Experience with trouble-shooting, problem-solving, and root cause analysis
– Expert coding skills in 1 or more standard languages.
– Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
– Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
– Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
– Effective communication skills.
– Experience with schema/database design, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.