AWS Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Status: Regular Full-Time
Minimum Clearance: Secret
Brooksource is seeking a AWS Infrastructure Engineer to assist in developing the future-state of the DISA Global Video System (GVS). The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate with GVS and AWS SMEs to develop the future-state architecture definition, system design, perform product assessment, configuration validation testing, implementation, and capability evaluation of the GVS technical refresh environment to modernize the GVS architecture.
- Consulting with client stakeholders and other SMEs on strategies for deployment of new cloud technology implementations, monitoring and optimization of existing and future equipment
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to analyze, study, recommend, plan, prototype, verify and deploy cloud-based technologies to support virtualized cloud based GVS capabilities.
- Migrating capabilities to the cloud and implementing scaling, resilience and coop features
- Delivering end-to-end infrastructure management solutions in a cloud environment
- Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, cloud coding and scripting best practices
- Implementing cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards
- Bachelor's degree
- Active Secret clearance
- At least 5 years of experience with server virtualization
- At least 5 years of experience with the following technologies: AWS, VMWare
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- AWS Professional certification
- 5+ years of experience with Virtualization: Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network; Reducing Sprawl
- 5+ years of experience with Infrastructure-Based Processes: Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery, Data Center support
- 5+ years of experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- 5+ years of experience with legacy system engineering assessments, discovering the build and details surrounding the system in order to re-build it in a new hosted environment
- Experience with hybrid cloud implementation
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.