Backend Modernization Engineer
CONTRACT OR CONTRACT TO HIRE
Brooksource's top banking client is seeking an experienced engineer to help up modernize and containerize their products and services. Desired skillset is a backend technology developer with technical comfort in a breadth common server-side technology from the last 15 years.
- Java/Scala (multiple versions)
- .Net Core/.NET Fat (multiple versions)
- IntelliJ/Visual Studio
- Knowledge of common API security (JWT, Oauth2, etc)
- Database technology usage (MySQL/PostGRE/SQL Server/Oracle)
- Build and Release technology familiarity (Github Actions/Jenkins/TravisCI/etc…)
Weighted consideration will be given to candidates that possess the following optional skills:
- Understanding of secret-management patterns in cloud and containerized architectures.
- Familiarity using VMs to load old code and facilitate migration.
- AWS Familiarity (IAM/RBAC implementations)
- Exposure to basic networking concepts.
- Exposure to HashiCorp technologies
- Active participation in discussions and ceremonies.
- Patient, coaching-based approach to teams and individuals with less experience.
- Ability to track work in different stages of delivery (Discovery, Migration, Deployment)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, experience communicating to both technical and non-technical personnel.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates that can optionally demonstrate:
- Exposure to Agile-ish methodologies.
- Experience in heavily regulated industries.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.