Job Title: Big Data – Data Processing Specialist
Job Type: Long term Contract
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Big Data – Data Processing Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of code that processes high-volume encounter claims data and testing solutions, all while aligning with our client's systems strategy, requirements, and design. If you have advanced knowledge of Scala, expertise in Hadoop troubleshooting, and a preference for Java-backed solutions, we want to hear from you.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance code for processing high-volume encounter claims data.
- Test solutions to ensure alignment with clients' systems strategy, requirements, and design.
- Utilize Hadoop framework via Scala Spark and BRE to process large volumes of data and perform data validation at runtime.
- Update documentation related to code and processes.
- Provide effort estimation for development tasks.
- Collaborate with other development teams as needed.
- Scala: Advanced proficiency is a must.
- Hadoop: Extensive experience, specifically for troubleshooting.
- Java: Preferred for backend development.
- HIVE Query Language: Strong understanding.
- SQL (Structured Query Language): Proficiency in SQL.
- Spark Framework: Solid experience.
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP): Strong grasp of OOP principles.
- Big Data: Knowledge of big data concepts and technologies.
- HIVE: Proficiency in HIVE.
- Java: Proficiency for backend development.
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP): Advanced OOP skills.
- SQL (Structured Query Language): Advanced SQL skills.
This position is a crucial part of our project to enhance our data warehouse ETL process for understanding pharmaceutical transactions from CMS. As a Big Data – Data Processing Specialist, you will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient and accurate processing of large volumes of data, contributing to the success of our organization and our mission to provide valuable insights to our clients.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.