Broadcast Support Specialist (St Pete, FL)
Brooksource is looking for a Broadcast Support Specialist to join America’s fastest growing TV, internet, and voice enterprise company. This company is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. As a Broadcast Support Specialist, you will be responsible administrating the Broadcast infrastructure (60%) and supporting the news production network (40%).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Primary Responsibilities– Broadcast I.T. System Administration
· Responsible for administrating Broadcast I.T. infrastructure including routers, switches, Active Directory, NAS, and SAN.
· Plan continuous Broadcast I.T. infrastructure component updates to further increase system reliability and stability under the guidance of management.
· Refine and improve current applications and systems for user experience.
· Propose best practice solutions and document workflows that addresses system deficiencies and user needs.
· Insures adherence to corporate I.T. policies and best practices for Broadcast I.T. infrastructure.
· Manage vendors and system integrators in broadcast I.T. system new builds or upgrades.
Secondary Responsibilities– User support
· Provide onsite support for broadcast I.T. systems and network infrastructure supporting 24/7 news production and origination.
· Capture and gather logs and work collaboratively with technical teams to escalate issues vendors to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast.
· The individual must be able to travel and work weekends when needed to support live news broadcasts and to support any broadcast IT issues that arise.
· Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement
· Installs and upgrades systems components and software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum two-year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment.
· Administration background within a broadcast I.T. environment.
· Good understanding of video formats, file transfer protocols, and Media Asset Management (MAM) systems.
· Working understanding of network equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls.
· Administrative knowledge of Mac, Windows, Linux Operating Systems.
· Administrative knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and SQL Enterprise server.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.