Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you an innovative Business Analyst who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care, and have to be really smart about the business of health care. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Business Analyst skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery. You will research cutting edge big data tools, and design innovative solutions to solve business problems that only a Business Analyst can.
You will be a critical member of the Data Strategy team that will document business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for both our Data Engineering and Data Science teams.
You'll be working on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission.
Business Requirements Gathering and Analysis
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
• Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
• Performing requirements analysis. Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
• Sorts through large amounts of data to assess for relevancy.
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
• Performing user acceptance testing.
• Breaks complex topics into meaningful chunks of information.
• Seeks out multiple sources to gather information.
• Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
• Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
• Managing competing resources and priorities.
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
• Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
• Ability to document processes and process flows.
Computer science, data engineering discipline
Experience in Data Warehousing
SQL experience desirable
Have excellent communication or stakeholder management experience
Ideally experience in the healthcare or insurance sectors
Clear communicator, written and oral
Problem solving and decision making
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.