Brooksource is searching for an IT Business Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension.
This is the ideal opportunity for a professional with 2+ years of Business Analysis experience and, ideally, direct experience working with Geographic Information System (GIS) or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) tools to excel within an enterprise environment. This role will be a Business Analyst (BA) on the ESRI development team.
· Interpreting business requirements and communicating them to developers
· Working with developers and Product Owners and Product Managers to research solutions
· Ensuring overall customer satisfaction
· Providing clean and concise customer communications
· Providing problem resolution consultation or oversight
· Adherence to development and implementation agreements
· Participate in the testing and evaluation of new IT solutions to ensure acceptance criteria are met
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
· In lieu of a degree, 4 years of related business experience
· Work experience in addition to degree: 2-5 years of related experience in business and/or information technology systems analysis or support
· Knowledge and work experience in the Agile methodology
· At least 3 years of experience participating in delivering IT projects
· Demonstrated ability to gather requirements and develop user stories and acceptance criteria.
· Experience with ESRI or other Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
· Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively with business customers, technical resources, and teammates.
· Prior experience using or overseeing projects involving JIRA, basic Java, and/or experience with the Maximo software platform
- Experience working with multiple Business Units
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Growth mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimum oversight
- Report: Reporting Directly to the IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Location: Charlotte, NC (currently remote with *REQUIRED* 2-3 days/week in-office beginning September 2021)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.