Onsite – Trenton, NJ (08625)
As a Business Analyst at Brooksource, you will play a key role in supporting our client's IT centralization project. Working under limited supervision of a supervisor in a state department, institution, or agency, you will be responsible for performing complex technical duties and functioning as an independent worker for prescribed technical projects/programs. Your role will require the independent application of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to varying situations within the area of assignment. Additionally, you will undertake other related duties as required to contribute to the successful execution of IT projects.
- Requirement Development and Analysis: Collaborate with stakeholders, including law enforcement, departmental staff, and technical teams to elicit, document, and analyze business requirements for IT initiatives. Create well-structured Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) that outline project objectives, scope, functional specifications, and deliverables.
- Training Documentation: Develop comprehensive training materials and documentation to facilitate end-users' understanding and effective utilization of newly implemented IT systems and applications. Ensure training materials are user-friendly, accessible, and align with project objectives.
- Business Need Assessment: Conduct thorough assessments of business needs and objectives, working closely with project teams to align IT solutions with organizational goals. Identify areas for process improvement, system enhancements, and opportunities to streamline workflows.
- Liaison between Business and Technical Teams: Serve as a bridge between business stakeholders and technical teams, facilitating effective communication and understanding between the two groups. Ensure project requirements are clearly communicated and accurately translated into technical specifications.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Analyze complex data sets and present findings in a clear and concise manner. Generate reports and visualizations to provide insights into project performance, business trends, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Project Management Support: Collaborate with Project Managers/team to define project scope, timelines, and milestones. Assist in monitoring project progress, identifying risks, and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in ongoing initiatives to enhance business analysis practices and methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, with a proven track record of contributing to successful IT projects.
- Proficiency in Requirement Development, such as well-structured Business Requirements Documents (BRDs).
- Previous experience in developing training documentation to facilitate end-user adoption of IT systems.
- Strong experience performing business need assessments to understand and align IT solutions with organizational objectives.
- Extensive experience acting as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical teams, facilitating effective communication and collaboration.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capability to analyze data and present meaningful insights to support decision-making.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Professional Certifications in Business Analysis or Project Management (e.g., CBAP, PMP) are a plus.
About Eight Eleven Group – Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.