Business Intelligence Analyst
6 Month Contract-to-Hire
As the BI Analyst for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client, you will drive critical business decisions within Customer Intelligence and Insights through data mining, cleansing, gathering, forecasting and business impact analysis. You will perform data extraction/acquisition using multiple databases and querying languages for the purpose of dynamically reporting results to the end user. You will develop operational and investigative analysis of the business unit, turning large data sets into meaningful analysis and reporting. You will consult and advise with the Data Engineering, Analytics and Visualization teams and other stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of the data acquisition process by having a sound knowledge of all data sources.
- Solid understanding and experience working with databases, tables, variable types, and variable attributes.
- Expert in SQL-related tasks such as query development, database checks, table design, joins, stored procedures, as well as database backup and recovery procedures.
- Experience creating and modifying ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes for data migration.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute specific tasks associated to data acquisition/profiling
- Ability to construct process flow charts and diagrams relating to data ETL processes and project life cycles
- Excellent self-service analytics/ETL tools and data visualization tools – Alteryx strongly preferred
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in in data by incorporating thorough documentation processes
- Perform data extraction/acquisition using multiple databases and querying languages for the purpose of dynamically reporting results to the end user
- Consult and advise with the Data Engineering and Visualization teams and other stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of the data acquisition process by having a sound knowledge of all data sources.
- Interpret findings of solutions/reports using descriptive statistical analysis and reporting tools such as Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint
- Create ad-hoc executive reports and scorecards using Business Intelligence tools (QlikView, Alteryx, and Business Objects) and data extrapolated from multiple source systems based on current corporate operational needs.
- Develop and/or maintain expert knowledge of the telecommunications industry and be able to identify sources for information based on current initiatives
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.