Business Intelligence Data Tester
Our client in the Hoover, AL area is looking for a BI/Data Tester who will be responsible for defining and implementing a data quality methodology and standards for their enterprise-level health-insurance business. You will serve as the primary liaison between the business and development teams to determine root cause for data quality issues or suggest changes, as well as assist in solving those problems with the development team. Your goal is to enhance overall quality and improve processes for the data quality sector of our client’s QMO.
- Validation of source, data model, extraction and report.
- Participate in reviews of data models, data mapping documents, and ETL design and coding.
- Develop complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases and source files for data verification process such as checking for duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Interact with Business users and developers to understand the functional requirements including test source data preparation, writing test cases to test data completeness, data transformations, data quality, data aggregations− match aggregated data against staging tables and/or ODS, and granularity of data is as per specifications
- Develop scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required executing test plans.
- Communicate defects identified in testing environment to the developers and ensure they are documented using the agreed upon defect tracking tool.
- Carefully manage scope to ensure that perceived defects are actually requirement defects and not something that would be ‘nice to have, but we forgot to ask.’
- Strong experience with SQL
- Strong experience with WebFocus or Tableau
- Excellent communication as this is a very highly business-user-facing role
- Organization and documentation specific to QA—extreme detail is required!
- 2+ years in a QA role
- Establishing/implementing/ensuring data quality and best practices as they align with our client’s business.
- Extensive experience in developing SQL scripts to validate ETL processes, source, staging, data warehouse, and data marts tables and reports data for backend database testing
- Perform data analysis of ETL processes by writing complex SQL queries to validate reports against the database. Including performing Count Validation, Source Isolation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.