Business Intelligence Developer
6-month Contract to Hire
Brooksource is hiring a Business Intelligence Developer to work in our clients Global Technology Services department where they will develop data services capabilities to provide actionable, timely information to drive accurate financial reporting, performance monitoring and facilitate business decisions. As the Business Intelligence developer, you will perform hands-on duties with an emphasis on developing dynamic reporting solutions to be successful. The ideal Business Intelligence Developer will have 3-5 years of experience working in data integration, blending, modeling and visualization. If you are interested, keep reading below and apply!
· Design, develop and administer business intelligence/data warehousing applications to support the growing demand for business insight generated by traditional reporting, as well as, next generation analytical capabilities.
· Analyze problem statements, suggest various options to address the problem specifying functionality, integrating systems, applying patches and participating in a multidisciplinary team environment.
· Analyze and translate business requirements to functional specifications and provide recommendations and right solution design. Develop Functional and technical design specifications and documents.
· Interact with client, developers and IT peers to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of modifications into the production environment.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
· 2+ years in business and information technology support with a focus on developing and delivering Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions to support a decision management function.
· Experience with next generation BI platforms & big data platforms / architectures is a plus
· Understanding of relational databases, dimensional modeling and data warehouse frameworks (Kimball / Inmon).
· Management of the software development life cycle (requirements through implementation).
· Intermediate to advanced SQL skills are required.
· Experience integrating Oracle E-Business Suite with reporting / business intelligence solutions is desired
· Database scripting using Oracle (PL/SQL, Procedures)
· Unix shell scripting
· Design, development, and/or administration of Alteryx (v 11.7 or later preferred)
· Experience or strong knowledge of big data concepts and architecture including hive, spark, Scala, HDFS, CDP, Data bricks etc
· Design, development, and/or administration of Business Objects (4.2 SP4 or later preferred)
· Design, development, and/or administration of Tableau data visualization and dashboards
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.