Business Systems Analyst
Brooksource is searching for a Business Systems Analyst for one of our enterprise-level P&C Insurance clients in the Birmingham area. This role focuses on working with the Information Technology (IT) staff and Business Partners to analyze proposed changes and enhancements of externally facing Web and Mobile applications. The team also validates/tests changes made to these system(s), provides technical support to these systems, acts as point projects and develops and maintains certain system values and settings.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for working independently or as a project team leader responsible for providing guidance for business and technical initiatives and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- 4+ years of applicable work and/or technical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or other related computer field will substitute for 4 years of work and/or technical experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills as well as general negotiation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge of storyboarding, functional specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, workflow diagrams, etc. is required
- Basic understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design is required.
- Experience as an Analyst involving web-based applications and services
- Experience with Automated Regression Tools and Manual Regression Test Plans
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML, XML, NET
- Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities, resolve conflicts and be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with team members (technical and non-technical) and customers to ensure needs and expectations are met in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Possess a desire to learn new systems and process within Protective
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.