Cloud Data Warehouse Architect
Louisville, KY or Remote
Fortune 50 Health Insurance
Brooksource is hiring for a Cloud Data Warehouse Architect for a team at our Fortune 50 Health Insurance client. We are seeking experienced engineer that has worked with either Azure or GCP Data Warehouses and has strong knowledge in Cloud Database Architecture development and cloud computing. This team will be focusing on developing specifications for new IT cloud computing AZURE/GCP Database and Data Warehouse platform products. We are seeking candidates that are hands-on architects and can put hands on keyboards to implement as well as design solutions.
· SME in Azure cloud data platforms: Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DB
· Provide L3 operational support for Azure cloud data platforms: monitoring, data protection, code deployments, outages
· Lead engineering of new solutions that use Azure data platforms through the entire lifecycle [Proof-of-Concept -> Pilot -> Minimal-Viable-Product -> Adoption -> Enhancement -> Retirement]
· Be a successful member of technical teams – using systems and design thinking – contributing to complex problem solving and support communication of potential solutions to both peers and customers
· Support decision making for project design tasks related to Azure data platforms
· Lead work item and system implementations tasks; work across multiple efforts simultaneously
· Deliver written and verbal communication for project status updates and SCRUM standups
· Provide consulting and advisory services to L2 data platform engineers
· Contribute to designing action plans for engineering design and implementation projects that meet Humana business and risk management requirements
· Minimum of 3 years’ of experience in Azure or GCP Data warehouse
· 3-5 years of experience in supporting SQL Server database systems on -premises and AZURE Cloud
· 1 years of experience designing and implementing at least 1 of the following data event/streaming platforms – Azure Data Factory, Apache Kafka & Streamsets, Azure Streaming Analytics
· Demonstrable experience applying data design and architectural principles and methodologies
· 2 yrs of delivering enterprise grade solutions such as robust e-commerce, online businesses in a 24X7 production environment.
· Certification on 1 major cloud provider platform – Microsoft Azure or Google GCP,
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.