Junior Software Engineer (AWS)
New York, NY; Morristown, NJ; Nashville, TN or Remote
As the Jr. Software engineer, you will play a crucial role in migrating an Enterprise Data Platform to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Junior Cloud engineer will be responsible for writing Python to manipulate data and create data models for this platform. You will also create APIs to connect various data sources for cloud development. This is a great opportunity to be mentored and trained on new technologies in an agile environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Technical bootcamp experience
· 1+ years of professional experience with Java, Python, or Scala
· 1+ years of professional experience migrating an application to Amazon Web Services (AWS) a huge plus, specifically S3, Glue, EMR, EC2 and Lambda
· Project experience engineering databases (SQL, MongoDB, Graph) for deployment on the cloud
· Project or internship experience in API development with cloud integrations
· Prepare platform for cloud migration and ensure highest data security measures are being performed
· Write Python to develop statistical software and create data models
· Perform data mining to determine trends in client benefit data
· Integrating open source components into data-analytic platform solutions
· You will be paired with senior technology leaders to learn the environment and be trained on new technologies
What’s In It For You?
· Exposure to new technologies such as Conduit, Spark, and Snowflake
· Opportunity to start your career at a Fortune 15 Healthcare Company
· You will be trained and mentored by senior technologists
· You will attend networking events with senior leadership
· Weekly paychecks
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.