Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Brooksource is looking for a hands-on Cloud Engineer with experience designing and building solutions on AWS using modern DevOps practices. This resource will be joining our Charlotte base client’s Cloud Hybrid Team to help transform and migrate their VM enviroments to AWS. There is also opportunity for this resource to build out cloud native applications in Azure.
The Hybrid Cloud team is a fast-paced cross functional team that focuses on providing self-service hybrid cloud solutions and improving the efficiency and consistency of support and delivery processes through automation. This candidate will be responsible for automating standard service offerings, optimizing delivery and support processes, enabling and promoting DevOps capabilities, designing, delivering, and supporting hybrid cloud solutions. The position is expected to work independently and with other team members to achieve goals and complete assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Candidates should have a broad background across Infrastructure technologies such as OS, storage, virtualization, security and networking with a strong skillset in private and public Cloud Services, automation concepts, host configuration management, and CI/CD toolsets.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with architects and others to understand technical, security and business requirements
- Design, publish, and maintain standard hybrid cloud offerings for the organization
- Contribute to technology strategy and roadmaps around cloud and automation platforms
- Manage orchestration, configuration, and provisioning automation for private and public “as-a-service” cloud offerings
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, and process execution.
- Advance IT’s DevOps capabilities through intelligent design and delivery
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Maintain documentation of cloud services, reference architecture, automation processes and toolsets
- Participate on project teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Suggest and test new technologies to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to work independently on sprint user stories but also have a willingness to work collaboratively with the team to solve problems
- Experience delivering Cloud solutions in a large enterprise environment
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud concepts including: multi-account management, AWS Organizations, network peering, AWS Transit Gateways, IAM/RBAC, automated template development/deployments, configuration enforcement, policies and monitoring, and designing highly available offerings.
- Proven ability to deploy Public Cloud environments via Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform
- Experience managing Public Cloud infrastructure and processes through a Cloud Management Platform such as CloudBolt
- Strong scripting and automation capabilities (PowerShell/python/bash)
- Ability to resolve complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with general supervision
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet/Ansible
- Experience in the follow areas:
- Multi-cloud configurations including AWS and Azure
- IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Interpreting requirements to design cloud solutions
- Utilization of DevOps pipeline
- Defining and enforcing minimum security baselines for cloud services
- Virtualization platforms (vSphere / Hyper-V)
- Understanding of core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, Network file sharing, server OS deployment, configuration management, automation, system hardening, and security patch management
- Experience with the process of provisioning servers, including but not limited to installation/configuration of the OS, middleware, and application components
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Solution Architects, Security Architects, and IT Operations resources on design or problem resolution
- Experience in developing, securing, and integrating with REST-based Web services
- Ability to coordinate and monitor in order to isolate and diagnose common system problems and document system events to ensure continuous functionality
- Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Proven ability to be self-directing, requiring limited management oversight, to be proactive in developing and deploying services
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- Thrives in an iterative environment where there are many moving parts
- Experience in the follow areas:
o Container environments such as Kubernetes
o Continuous integration/delivery tools such as git, Jenkins, Concourse
o Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
- Working knowledge of various environments included networking, SQL, Oracle, NoSQL DBs clustering, IIS, Websphere, and Weblogic
- Knowledge of IT security best practices
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.