Brooksource is searching for a Cloud Kafka/API Developer for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a Computer Science college graduate with a strong technical background and 1+ years of relevant professional experience to join and excel within a small team.
This developer will be working with our client’s Maximo environment. Maximo is an Asset Management tool that provides insight for all of our client’s enterprise assets, their conditions and work processes, for better planning and control. This teams’ goal is to spearhead an effort to modernize this portfolio, leading ultimately to a transition to the Cloud.
Daily You Will:
· Assist in migration current system of ETLs to APIs
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, clients, and more senior developers to define, design and deliver enhancements, new applications, and technical solutions that meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users
· Research, evaluate and implement new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability
· Assist with testing and migrating code through test regions
· Maintain and enhance existing applications
· Troubleshoot and debug integration applications
· Ensure adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Backend development experience using JAVA Spring and/or AWS Serverless Lambda Functions
- Development experience in APIs
- Knowledgeable in data structures and SQL and no-SQL databases such as Dynamo DB or Mongo DB
- Knowledgeable or Experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ Data Streaming
- Understanding of Cloud Native and object-oriented Programming
- Passionate about learning new programing languages
· Coding skills in 1 or more standard languages
· Demonstrated success in problem solving
· Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals
· Effective communication skills.
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Team Size: 4-5 person Agile Team
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
- Hours: M-F 8-5PM
- Start Date: ASAP
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.