12 month contract
Our Health Insurance client is seeking a Cobol Developer who will be on the team responsible for all of the historical claims data applications, vendor integration and dental applications. You will be tasked with protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the applications and data processed or output by the applications. On a daily basis, you’ll be writing code for simple system designs, for enhancing existing programs, writing simple technical specifications for single programs and working with other Developers in this Mainframe environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
· Experience with IBM mainframe operating system
· Experience with JCL and developing COBOL programs
· Experience in a DB2 environment
· Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
· Flexible team player
- Stable, consistent environment that encourages tenure and experience
- Largest health insurance provider in the state
- On-site gym, cafeteria and free parking
- Highly visible team responsible for Claims history. Mission critical work to be done!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.