Cincinnati, OH (2-3 Days Onsite)
7 month contract (possibility for hire)
Designs and implements mainframe software solutions as a member of an agile squad or project team. Follows best practices and standards and participates in communities of practice to continuously refine and document these standards.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement new features while continuously improving quality of technical products and applications
- Provide technical knowledge and leadership as a developer
- Work collaboratively with other software engineers to design solutions
- Develop software meeting code quality standards and metrics
- Practice test-driven development
- Participate in communities of practice by contributing to and following standards, reviewing others code, and sharing knowledge
- Maintain effective partnerships with operations and engineering teams to drive service improvement
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice
- Assume on-call responsibilities once adequate system knowledge is gained
- Assist with problem resolution for end users and customers
- Contribute to the definition of operational procedures for software development
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems with 5+ years of experience in banking or the financial industry
- Strong knowledge of COBOL, JCL and SAS.
- Knowledge of Assembler, DB2 and CICS a bonus.
- Understanding of Software Development Methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.