Cyber Security Specialist
The Cyber Security Specialist will serve as a member of the Security, Compliance & Oversight Team in the Critical Infrastructure Operations organization (CIOPS). Major accountabilities are described below.
• Perform Security Controls Testing in accordance with documented procedures to maintain NERC CIP compliance.
• Execute a variety of security/compliance processes following NERC CIP procedures.
• Monitor, respond to and resolve security related alerts associated with NERC CIP related assets and networks.
• Utilize Footprints ticketing system to document status updates and problem resolutions.
• Document and Assess security monitoring and scanning infrastructure.
• Determine security issues and gaps by using a risk based approach.
• Identify opportunities to improve workflow and security posture
• Other related duties assigned as needed for this security, compliance and oversite role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; OR 6 equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Must be able to be NERC CIP Certified, and work unescorted within the physical security perimeter.
• Three (3) or more years of recent IT Security experience
• Experience working in a regulated environment such as NERC CIP, SOX or HIPAA.
• Ability to adapt to a technically complex and ever changing environment.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to thoroughly document, communicate and adhere to processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to work well in a team environment.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.