Crowdstrike Implementation Technical Project Lead
Nationally Ranked Academic Health System – Chicago, IL
Projected Start Date: August 2021
Estimated Duration: 12 months
· Resumes Reviewed by Brooksource & Client: July 21st, 2021
· Interviews Conducted w/ Client PMO Director & CISO: July 21st – July 30th
Brooksource is seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Technical Project Lead with a tenured background in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) to support our Academic Healthcare client through their ongoing implementation & optimization of Crowdstrike. Our client has begun the initial stages of implementing Crowdstrike within their environment but is looking for a Technical Project Lead to step in and guide them through project completion; a major focus of the Technical Project Lead will be enabling Crowdstrike’s EDR functionality and avoiding production outages across the organization’s application portfolio.
The Crowdstrike Technical Project Lead will act as a function of our client’s Project Management Office and will work alongside the Cybersecurity department & CISO to establish the policies and procedures necessary for optimizing Crowdstrike. Additionally, the Technical Project Lead will be responsible for communicating with application owners across the enterprise to assess & test application compatibility, as well as plan for Crowdstrike’s eventual go-live.
Note: The Crowdstrike Technical Project Lead must have prior experience implementing Crowdstrike or similar EDR products on Windows Server Environments (i.e. Carbon Black, Symantec Endpoint Protection)
Technical Requirements & Expectations:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on projects involving delivery of new security software agents to multi-domain Windows server environments
- Experience with EDR, or “Endpoint Detection and Response” solutions such as Crowdstrike, Carbon Black, Symantec Endpoint Protection or other similar products on Windows server environments
- Experience with coordinating the removal of legacy antivirus solutions on servers prior to installing new EDR and ensuring continued server functionality
- Prior experience coordinating testing efforts with application owners in order to successfully validate functionality of new EDR on servers and ensure compatibility with business-critical applications
- Ability to coordinate efforts between Information Security, Infrastructure and Applications owners to troubleshoot issues involving new EDR deployments on servers
- Other security tools utilized during project, but not limited to: Cylance AV, Symantec AV, McAfee AV, Fidelis, Trendmicro, Microsoft Endpoint Defender, Sophos Intercept X, FireEye endpoint security
Project Management Requirements & Expectations:
- 5+ years’ experience in delivering projects from inception to go-live in healthcare or similar highly regulated enterprise environment
- Demonstrated success in leading IT integrations in a clinical or highly regulated environment.
- Drive definition of expectations, processes, and workflows in an ambiguous environment.
- Use of standard project management artifacts (charter, business and technical requirements, RACI, communication plan, reporting, Go/No Go, Test planning and execution, turnover to Operations).
- Escalate issues immediately in a positive and constructive way.
- Create and communicate weekly status reports to project team and leadership stakeholders.
About Brooksource & Eight Eleven Group:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture, and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.