Cyber Analyst III
1 Year Contract (right to hire)
The Cyber Analyst III role is focused on providing firewall engineering support for Palo Alto technology. This position will support complex firewall deployment projects. These projects demand experience in networking; architecture knowledge; policy design and configuration of Palo Alto’s.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work on Enterprise Firewall Management team, directly supporting complex, high pace projects.
- Represent the Firewall Engineering team professionally in interactions with internal business partners and other IT Support groups.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams (i.e., DCS Engineer, Telecom, IT, Cybersecurity) across the Enterprise for IT/OT/SCADA security projects.
- Developing firewall policies for deployment of Palo Altos.
- Configuring, deploying and testing implementation of Palo Alto firewalls.
- Follow proper Change Management and Human Performance requirements and processes.
- Adhere and implement required regulatory requirements (NERC CIP).
- Understands enterprise security standards/requirements.
- Work in a hybrid environment expecting to be in office a number of days a week; working in data center/lab environment; and from home/remote.
- Strong experience with Palo Alto firewall technology
- Experience with Palo Alto central management (Panorama)
- Strong TCP/IP and dynamic routing foundational knowledge
- Experience analyzing network traffic
- Experience troubleshooting network traffic (e.g., Layer 2 and Layer 3 issues)
- Working knowledge of NAT principles
- Experience with foundational protocols such as DNS, DHCP, and ARP
- Experience with change management (i.e., workflows, tickets, procedures)
- Ability to perform self-directed work
- Ability to independently prioritize daily work
- Ability to carry out daily work responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Network Engineering/Telecommunications
- Industry certifications (CCNA, CCNP, PCSNE, PCSNA)
- Advanced understanding of cybersecurity principles
- Coding/Scripting experience (Python, VB)
- IT/Cyber Security project experience
- Experience using change management/ticket system/documentation
- VMware, NSX, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot network traffic in IPv6 environments
- Experience with IDS/IPS/SIEM Logging and Monitoring
- NERC CIP Compliance experience
- Experience with Syslog, TACACS, Radius, and SNMP
- Experience troubleshooting across firewall infrastructure with various third party tools
- Experience in Data Center environment
- Demonstrated leadership in technical roles
- Proven ability to speak and write about complex technical topics to a less technical audience
- Demonstrated leadership identifying improvement opportunities and solutions
- College degree in relevant field
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.