Brooksource is searching for a Cyber Infrastructure Compliance Analyst for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for professional with 1+ years of IT Infrastructure and Systems experience to get their foot in the door and thrive within an enterprise environment.
The Cyber Security Specialist will serve as a member of the Security, Compliance & Oversight Team in the Critical Infrastructure Operations organization (CIOPS). This individual will perform Security Controls Testing to mitigate vulnerabilities and confirm following of security protocols.
Major accountabilities are described below.
• Perform Security Controls Testing in accordance with documented procedures to maintain NERC CIP compliance.
• Execute a variety of security/compliance processes following NERC CIP procedures.
• Monitor, respond to and resolve security related alerts associated with NERC CIP related assets and networks.
• Utilize Footprints ticketing system to document status updates and problem resolutions.
• Document and Assess security monitoring and scanning infrastructure.
• Determine security issues and gaps by using a risk based approach.
• Identify opportunities to improve workflow and security posture
• Other related duties assigned as needed for this security, compliance and oversite role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Must be able to be NERC CIP Certified, and work unescorted within the physical security perimeter.
• One or more years of recent IT Infrastructure/Server experience
• (Ideally) Experience working in a regulated environment such as NERC CIP, SOX or HIPAA.
• Ability to adapt to a technically complex and ever changing environment.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to thoroughly document, communicate and adhere to processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to work well in a team environment.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.