- Description:The Cyber Security Analyst will support projects addressing Information Technology (IT) and Industrial Control System security. The Cyber Security Analyst supports the execution of projects consisting of network penetration testing, web application security testing, cybersecurity vulnerability assessments, secure system design and integration, and/or development of cybersecurity programs at client sites in a wide variety of industries utilizing the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), and other industry or data specific compliance frameworks and regulations.
- Requirements:Supplier Call Notes:
- 1-2 years of experience as Cyber Security Analyst or relevant Degree/Internship with certifications
- Open to different shift schedules.
- – 12 hour shifts ( 4 days on, 3 days off)
- – Open to night shift. 2pm – 11pm (would be preferred)
- Certs/Training: Security + (preferred), Network + (preffered) , CEH (preferred), GIAC (preferred)
- Degree: Bachelors Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field or Applicable years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Essential Functions:
- Assist with the planning, design, development and implementation of technical controls, procedures and policy associated with adherence to cybersecurity compliance and/or regulatory standards.
- Maintain highest level of integrity, protecting confidentiality and security of client and project information.
- Assist with the policies and procedures, secure process control network design, technical and design recommendations for the implementation of firewalls and other network security and compliance controls.
- Assist with technical documentation of network traffic as well as firewall services and solutions including explanations and diagrams.
- Assist with operational issues and implement design alterations to address these issues.
- Assist in penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of IT and Operational Technology (OT) networks for both compliance and security purposes.
- Assist with post-event analysis of unusual events and assist with direction of needed changes to procedures or processes in response.
- Assist in technical issues, identify the implications to the business, and be able to communicate any impacts with other operational departments within the business.
- Pursue, obtain, and maintain industry recognized IT certifications related to cybersecurity such as ethical hacking, network engineering, Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), risk management, and others as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of the cybersecurity capabilities of operating systems, networking devices, control systems, and vendor offerings.
- Attend industry specific technical conferences.
- Actively participate in a qualitative and quantitative problem-solving environment
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity principles and general knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, as well as industry recognized certifications.
- General knowledge of cybersecurity vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and the tools/techniques involved in both.
- General knowledge of the capabilities and/or configuration of cybersecurity controls, specifically those relating to firewalls, access control, authentication, anti-virus/anti-malware, patching, and logging.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer and network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable cybersecurity standards involving control systems, including those relating to process networks.
- General knowledge of control systems utilized by utilities, manufacturing, oil and gas, transportation, smart buildings, and cities.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and under tight deadlines, to operate in on-site industrial, corporate, and government work.
- Demonstrated capability to make sound decisions based on good security practices and principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business principles and operational security practices specific to engineering and/or security consulting.
- Knowledge of modern and legacy computer networking and telecommunications.
- Knowledge physical cabling for network communications and control system Input/Output.
- Ability to obtain and maintain access to current and future client sites, including ability to obtain and maintain applicable U.S. security clearances.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.