The Senior Cybersecurity Architect will be responsible for translating security requirements into system tenets, and then into repeatable design strategies, and patterns based on our client’s cybersecurity standards and guidelines. This position will be responsible for cybersecurity architecture and may consult with internal customers, leadership, security analysts, and IT architects in other lines of business on architectural directions related to information security. This position will be responsible for understanding cross-company business needs and designing solutions that meet business requirements while maintaining confidentiality and integrity.
The Cybersecurity Architect is expected to lead through influence, communicate effectively through clarity of thought and demonstrated understanding of business, security and technical requirements. This position will be engaged in problem solving on complex systems and project issues.
· Work with functional analysts and project leads to convert high level requirements into an architectural design that comply as appropriate with security standards
· Reviews existing security architecture, identify design gaps, and recommend security enhancements
· Study, understand, and recommend industry and vendor design patterns that can be applied as a technology solution to manage risk
· Stay abreast of current and emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate them
· Study, define, and approve architectural standards, guidelines and design patterns that increase agility, flexibility, security, and reuse of solutions and assets
· Develop solutions that enable business functionality while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability of our client’s information and assets.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, MIS or other degrees with high level understanding of network and application security and information systems
· 5+ years in Cybersecurity with significant experience in designing and implementing security solutions, military information security and/or system administration role
· Or in lieu of degree, 9+ years in Cybersecurity with significant experience in designing and implementing security solutions, military information security and/or system administration role
· Current holder of CISSP
· Experience with developing designs and architecture for emerging technology leveraging industry standards
· Experience converting documented business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical design document
· Advanced understanding of security solutions that support confidentiality, integrity, and availability such as Active Directory, ADFS, firewalls, IDS/IPS, PKI, SIEM, and VLANs
· Practical experience implementing NIST or other industry standard framework
· Understands Static Code Analysis, Dynamic Code Analysis, Penetration testing and has helped companies remediate vulnerabilities and issues
· Perform security related services and process assessments and evaluations based on NIST, OWASP, NIST, PCI-DSS, CWE/SANS, CSA guidelines
· Experience working in DevOps, continuous integration and Agile, including design of security solutions, including creating artifacts, models, and strategy presentations
· Authentication and Password Management, Session Management, Access Control, Input Validation, Output Encoding, Cryptographic Practices, Error Handling and Logging, Data Protection, Communication Security, System Configuration, Database Security, File Management, Memory Management, General Secure Coding Practices
· Knowledge of Cloud security and Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) – SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and cloud providers AWS, Azure and GCP
· Web Application security, Vulnerability management: Application Firewalls, SEIM, Anti-Virus
· Data Loss Prevention (DLP), FIM, Secure coding and configuration standards
· VPN technologies such as PKI, IKE, IPSEC, SSL/HTTPS and digital certificate
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.