IT Security Engineer
Large Insurance Client
Lansing, Grand Rapids, or Traverse City, MI
Our client, a top-rated Fortune 500 Insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join their IT Cyber Security Division as an IT Security Engineer. This position is responsible for reducing IT Security risk and responding to incidents. Responsibilities include:
· Researching, developing, maintaining, and supporting security software tools.
· Investigating security incidents.
· Participating in security risk assessments and working with other teams to remediate security vulnerabilities.
· Educating other company associates on security best practices.
· Recommending security policies.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in IT Security, Information Assurance, Information Security & Intelligence, or similar major is required. Candidates without a four-year degree, but with several years of relevant experience, may also be considered.
· At least two years of IT Security work similar to the description above is preferred.
· Experience working with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool.
· Experience working with a vulnerability management & scanning tool.
· Experience with an endpoint detection and response (EDR) tool
· Experience with handling security investigations/incidents
· Experience with web filtering is preferred
· Experience and ability to perform independent research on new security tools.
· Ability to independently learn to use new software.
· Ability to handle multiple projects.
· Ability to effectively communicate to team members and management.
· Ability and interest to obtain industry security certifications.
Our client offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will their organization continue their long tradition of success. They offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, our client also provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you're looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, this company is the place for you!
*We offer a merit-based work-from-home program based on job responsibilities. After initial training in-person, this specific role could have the flexibility to work from home up to 95% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.